- SDK Size: 480 KB
- Written in Kotlin 1.3.72
- AndroidX compatible
- Works in Android Codebases that use Java or Kotlin
- Minimum Android SDK Version: 22
- SDK is provided as an Android AAR library
- SDK Makes use of RxJava2 but doesn't require RxJava experience
- Interactable methods return VsLiveData (subclass of LiveData) objects.
We've tried to keep dependencies to a minimum but do have some requirements.
// [Google] Android Jetpack Dependencies androidx.lifecycle:lifecycle-extensions androidx.room:room-runtime androidx.room:room-rxjava2 androidx.room:room-ktx // 3rd Party Dependencies io.reactivex.rxjava2:rxjava io.reactivex.rxjava2:rxandroid io.reactivex.rxjava2:rxkotlin com.squareup.okhttp3:okhttp com.squareup.moshi:moshi com.squareup.moshi:moshi-adapters
Always look to the Readme for exact version numbers used.
- This is a headless version of the SDK, which means there’s no UI attached
- All required interactions with our API are supported and easily used
- As is, you will be creating UI that works with your given application/game
- Checklist for UI - what you’ll need to implement
- UI for Account Registration and Authorization Flows
- We provide public facing SDK methods for communicating with our API to register and login but you’ll need to create UI and plug it in
- Registration example:
(You would call this method when you have the appropriate data from your UI and we'd handle the rest.)
The Versus SDK determines prize eligibility by querying a users' location.
In order to facilitate this, make sure your AndroidManifest properly registers for permissions.
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
- Technical integration time
- The SDK can be configured and integrated in less than 1 hour.
- UI Integration Time [Variable]
- Time for UI is variable based on a number of different things such as:
- Your team resources for building UI
- The Auth flow will take the longest to implement but we have examples of the View Model Logic that should help speed up the technical side
- Whether or not you need to support tablets as well as phone
- Level of UI customization desired
Updated over 1 year ago